Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Happy Anniversary


Last Sunday in church I was glancing at the bulletin at the upcoming birthdays for the week and I noticed in the anniversary section My Cowboy and I’s name was listed.  Wow, that time already?  Marking another year together happily married.  Sure sneaks up on a person. Glad I went to church on Sunday or we might have got to the end of July and said ‘didn’t we have something else to celebrate this month besides the huge 4th of July extravaganza?’
I asked My Cowboy this week why he feel in love with me.  I was quickly reminded that I didn't marry a romantic, but on his third attempt he did manage to come up with something pretty good, at least it made me smile and not cringe. The “there was just something about you” made my knees go weak and that was good enough for me. He added that he liked my laugh and so I will hold on to that for a while.
I knew My Cowboy was for me when he didn’t take my crap. I remember one time just ranting about something (I’m sure it was very important at the time) As I started to really yell he just looked at me and said ‘when your done throwing a fit, come talk to me.’  and walked out of the room. No guy had ever done that to me before.  Instead of getting more mad, I stopped and thought wow. I was hooked. 
So 14 years, three kids and tons laughter and tears later. Here we are...
We’re out on the road this week and so we went out to eat at one of my favorite places PF Chang’s.  I love using chopsticks to eat with!  Unlike last year we had beer and pizza at the local bar...but at least I got to go out. Have you ever seen those old couples in a restaurant eating and not saying a word. One of my biggest fears is that could be us.  So I always save stuff to talk about while we are eating.  Well last night at our special anniversary supper my fear was met! My Cowboy watched the All Star Game and I texted my boss. Happy times!  As we were getting up to leave My Cowboy reminded me that we have been traveling together for two days now so it’s ok we didn’t talk much...I’m going to hold on to that, but I will be watching closely next time we go out to eat. 
Happy Anniversary My Cowboy. I love you more now then ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment